HIV Trainer: HTS Department
Division: Training Services
Department: HIV Connection
Activity Leader: HIV Connection Director
Classification: Exempt/ Full-time/Salaried/Training Specialist
Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university in areas of education, human services, counseling or related field plus two years professional experience in the field of substance abuse and/or HIV prevention. Experience may be substituted for education. Experience should include training other professionals and/or peers (not just client groups), preferably in areas of substance abuse and/or HIV prevention. Position also requires effective written and oral communication skills; ability to plan, organize, and deliver training and technical assistance services; ability to use independent judgment; ability to work as a team player; a working knowledge of curriculum development; and knowledge of both substance abuse and HIV issues. This position requires extensive overnight travel primarily within the state of Texas and a flexible schedule including a willingness to work weekends and evenings.
Under the general supervision of the HIV Training Director, will be responsible for the following:
Training: Provide professional training to personnel in substance abuse treatment, intervention and prevention programs and a variety of other substance abuse and social service settings. Will conduct training in areas including but not limited to: substance abuse and HIV prevention; HIV pre/post test decision making strategies; risk awareness, assessment and reduction strategies; health promotion counseling techniques; other communicable diseases and case management. Ability to adapt training delivery to fit the needs of the target audience; can deliver assigned training independently, if needed. Training responsibilities also include informational presentations; conference workshops
and special advanced training courses as required. Have ultimate responsibility for all details of training activity including contacts with sponsors; travel and training facility accommodations; preparing travel case, training material and equipment; and completing production work orders.
Resource Development: Assists with development or revision of training materials including but not limited to curricula, training outlines, handouts, pre/post tests, evaluation instruments and informational brochures. Recommends new program ideas, designs, and models that are age appropriate and culturally sensitive and meet the needs of special populations.
Technical Assistance (TA) and Support: Provide support to substance abuse programs or to any others seeking information about HIV and substance abuse. Modes of TA may include, but are not limited to, conducting site visits or needs assessments; providing course credits; providing responses to questions and concerns via phone, email, or fax; offering guidance or support by way of written resources; or providing referral resources. All requests for technical assistance will be responded to in a timely manner. (5%)
Administration: Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings or any community based process meetings or workshops assigned by the supervisor. Responsible for timely completion of Field Activity Reports, information requests, training documentation, training inventories, travel reimbursements, and evaluations. Maintain training calendar and respond to phone, email and written inquires in a timely manner. Assist with fund
raising planning and activities.
Misc: Meet or exceed contract or deliverable objectives; Responsible for personal
critical/quantified performance measures; Document all service activity in designated database, electronic calendar, and other appropriate work databases as assigned; Respond to customer request & complaints in a timely manner and document service provided; Consistently communicate with internal stakeholders per email protocol.
HIV Connection Manager: HTS
HIV Connection Manager
Division: HIV Training Services
Department: HIV Connection
Supervisor: HIV Connection Director
Bachelorʼs degree from an accredited college or university in Public Administration, Business Administration, or related field. Two years of work experience in the area of administration. Must demonstrate ability to plan and direct varied and complex administrative operations. Skills required in: quantitative analysis, problem-solving, oral and written communication, grant compliance, leadership, and strategic planning. Skills in oral communication/ negotiation, analysis, customer service, and a demonstrated ability to be organized and detail oriented is required. Candidates should also have experience or knowledge in the following areas:
- Event Planning and Coordination
- Scheduling of Trainings and Events
- Working as a vital member of a dynamic and creative team
- Macintosh computer systems including databases, networks, and word
- Excellent Customer Service
- Total quality management/quality control
- Accounting, budget management, and grant compliance
- Graphic design experience preferred
Under the general direction of the HIV Connection Director, the HIV Connection Manager will be responsible for the following:
Annual Events Coordination
- Responsible for the Street Outreach Worker/HIV Early Intervention Conference and the Supervisorʼs Meeting Event
- Activities include but are not limited to: promotion/marketing, securing speakers/presenters, logistics on site, travel arrangements, vendor negotiations,
HIV Connection Manager
registration, site location, safety/liability issues.
- Markets conference events to target populations. Identifies potential attendees. Develops and carries out marketing plan to meet or exceed attendance goals for each event.
- Writes and publishes promotional flyers, registration brochures, confirmation packet materials, conference program (including workshop descriptions and presenter bibliographies), and newsletter articles documenting each event. Materials reviewed by appropriate WAP staff prior to mailing.
- Trains and supervises admin assistant(s). Oversees recruitment, training, and coordination of volunteers during events.
- Develops and manages conference budget.
- Models and enforces compliance with all Company rules, policies, and procedures.
Training Events Coordination:
- Coordinates with DSHS MHSA funded agencies on their training needs, event registration, etc. Coordinates fee for service opportunities as they arise.
- Schedules trainings with DSHS MHSA funded agency, coordinate appropriate trainer, complete all paperwork
- Performs duties of Requisition Specialist and Travel Specialist for HTS specifically and WAP in general.
- Ensures timeliness and accuracy of updates of regional calendar information, Commitment for Training letters, required documentation for updating training numbers
- Ensures all paperwork is completed and returned after each training from training site/site coordinator
- Produces monthly reports regarding HTS training event plan and quarterly measures update, etc. as requested by Director. (Provide back up on this duty.)
- Produces monthly training reports as required by the DSHS HTS contract
- Meet requirements of annual training plan, to ensure adequate training services are available to customers throughout the service year while meeting or exceeding contract measures
- Generates other reports as required/requested.
- Maintains and updates promotional materials both in paper format and in web-related format. This includes keeping the HTS website up-to-date, social media/e-mail blasts, as well as promoting program and agency campaigns.
- Acts as CEU (certified education unit) Coordinator for WAP.
- Assist with and participate in initiatives to provide technical assistance.
Misc: Meets or exceeds contractor deliverable objectives; Responsible for personal critical/quantified performance measures; Documents all service activity in designated database, electronic calendar, and other appropriate work databases as assigned; Responds to customer request & complaints in a timely manner and document service provided; Consistently communicates with internal stakeholders per email protocol
HIV Connection Manager
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employees may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth to address business needs and changing business practices, Perform other related duties as assigned.