I&R Counselor (part-time and full-time): WAP
Who we are
Workers Assistance Program is a 501(c)(3) non-profit where employees share the mission to create better workplaces, schools & communities. The Alliance Work Partners (AWP) division is an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that offers employees and their families solution-focused counseling, guidance, training, resources and referrals to help balance work with life and increase health and wellbeing. We pride ourselves as one of the only EAPs that offers a live person 24/7 with little to no wait time available to speak with clients in their time of need.
This position is integral in supporting the wellbeing of our clients and their families. Intake & Referral Counselors perform initial screenings for support services, offer referrals to solution focused counselors, general resources, and provide crisis intervention as needed. The ideal candidate will have experience providing active listening and offering support, comfortability with hearing a wide range of life stressors and transitions, as well as the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
If you are an empathetic and driven person who enjoys being of service in a laid back, positive environment, consider working with us!
A Bachelors Degree in Social Work or another human services-related field is preferred but license or certification in a mental health or chemical dependency field may be substituted for a degree. Experience in information and referral service delivery or crisis hot lines preferred. Employee will need skills in communication, problem resolution, and proper telephone etiquette. Background, experience or knowledge in some or all of the following areas is helpful:
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Crisis intervention
- Chemical dependency
- Initial telephone assessment for all clients including following up with clients when necessary
- Provide community resources to clients
- Assign clients to counselor/affiliate for an assessment
- Schedule client appointments
- Return calls to mental health professionals
- Deliver crisis counseling over the phone when appropriate
- Assist clients with additional referrals when necessary
- Maintain appropriate client records
- Maintain an up-to-date community resource database
- Aid in retrieving answering service messages
- Call community resources for additional information
- Inform Director of Client Services of changes in client/affiliate information
- Help in training and fielding questions from new intake staff.
- Notify Case Management department and I & R supervisors of crisis, procedural referral, chemical dependency, and managed care cases.
- Sick & Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Up to 3 days working remotely per week
- 401(k) with 5% automatic contribution after 1 year of service
- Access to group plan for health, dental, vision, STD, LTD
- Employer paid Basic Life, AD&D insurance
- Pre-tax programs for child and health care
- Up to 40 hours Volunteer Time Off (VTO) after one year
- Wellness program
- Training and Continued Education
- Robust Employee Assistance Program