part-time Youth Case Manager: Youth Advocacy
Independent Case Management Services (ICMS)
Director of Youth Advocacy
Case Management Duties/Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, or other behavioral/social science preferred, two years of experience working with high-risk youth and families and/or providing case management services may be substituted for a degree.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish strongly preferred
- Must be flexible, client-oriented, and knowledgeable about the Austin/Travis County community.
- Ability to recognize the importance of social networks, family, and broader systems in working with clients.
- Ability to work independently, and have strong prioritizing, organization and time management skills.
- Must have reliable transportation, auto insurance and the willingness to use personal vehicle to performance job duties.
- Have willingness to assist clients during the weekend, evenings and in some cases, during court hours (8-10am or 2-4pm, Monday through Friday)
- Must have proficiency in use of computer software such as: Microsoft programs, Zoom and Adobe.
- Conduct assessment and service coordination for assigned clients and families.
- Develop a service plan for each assigned case by working with clients and families to identify goals, resources and needs.
- Conduct home, school and agency visits (in person and virtually).
- Coordinate efforts with other service providers, schools, juvenile probation, and community agencies to help meet identified goals. Document client service activity and comply with all reporting requirements.
- Link and refer clients to appropriate agencies and resources, provide client advocacy in a variety of settings, and monitor service provision.
- Provide direct services, which may include coaching, training, or other activities necessary for client engagement and positive outcomes.
- Evaluate client participation and progress and conduct discharge planning.
- Provide weekly and monthly updates to Travis County Juvenile Probation Officers, via email.
- Assist the Lead and/or full-time Case Managers.
- Maintain caseload of up to 5 clients at all times.
Meet or exceed contract or deliverable objectives. Responsible for personal critical/quantified performance measures. Document all service activity in designated database, electronic calendar, and other appropriate work databases as assigned. Respond to client request & complaints in a timely manner and document service provided. Consistently communicate in a timely manner with internal stakeholders.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employees may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth to address business needs and changing business practices, Perform other related duties as assigned.