full-time Intake & Referral Counselor: AWP
Intake & Referral Counselor
Division: Employee Assistance Programs
Department: Intake & Referral
Supervisor: Director of Client Services
Classification: Non-exempt/Full Time/Hourly
A Bachelors Degree in Social Work or another human services-related field is preferred but license or certification in a mental health or chemical dependency field may be substituted for a degree. Experience in information and referral service delivery or crisis hot lines preferred. Employee will need skills in communication, problem resolution, and proper telephone etiquette. Background, experience or knowledge in some or all of the following areas:
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Crisis intervention
• Chemical dependency
• Macintosh computer operation
• TDD device from communicating with the deaf
Under the general supervision of the Director of Client Services, the Intake & Referral Counselor will be responsible for the following:
Initial telephone assessment for all clients including following up with clients when necessary
Provide community resources to clients
Assign clients to counselor/affiliate for an assessment
Schedule client appointments
Return calls to mental health professionals
Deliver crisis counseling over the phone when appropriate
Assist clients with additional referrals when necessary
Maintain appropriate client records
Maintain an up-to-date community resource database
Update the abbreviation list for Austin area contracts
Aid in retrieving answering service messages
Take messages for counselors when necessary
Call community resources for additional information
Inform Director of Client Services of changes in client/affiliate information, help in training and fielding questions from new intake staff.
Aid in developing new organizational systems for I & R and clinical staff.
Notify Case Management department and I & R supervisors of crisis, procedural referral, chemical dependency, and managed care cases.
Provide community resource/affiliate information for establishing new contracts
Work with other departments to improve EAP services.
Attend bimonthly I & R staff meetings and clinical meetings to discuss ways to improve the department/WAP, and present administration and client issues.
Attend in-service trainings and workshops to enhance clinical skills.
Misc:Meet or exceed contract or deliverable objectives; Responsible for personal critical/quantified performance measures; Document all service activity in designated database, electronic calendar, and other appropriate work databases as assigned; Respond to customer request & complaints in a timely manner and document service provided; Consistently communicate with internal stakeholders per email protocol
Ability to climb stairs
Ability to stay stationed at a desk for long periods of time
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employees may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth to address business needs and changing business practices, Perform other related duties as assigned. Email resume
Call Center Director: AWP
Call Center Director
Division: Alliance Work Partners
Department: Intake & Referral (I&R)
Supervisor: Vice President, Alliance Work Partners
Masters degree in behavioral health, social work or comparable field and 2 years of post-graduate experience in the areas of counseling, social services or crisis lines required. License/certification in mental health (LCSW, LPC, etc.) preferred. Must be able to communicate effectively with clients, counselors, and other professional personnel. Must be able to handle several projects simultaneously; ability to complete data and report requirements timely and accurately. Should have background, experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Telephone-based consultation and crisis intervention
- Mental Health and Substance Addiction Assessments
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Employee Training, Development & supervision
Under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Alliance Work Partners, the Call Center Director will be responsible for the following:
Staff Development & Supervision
- Manage and Supervise all Call Center activity
- Assist HR and VP AWP with hiring process by reviewing applicants and attending scheduled interviews
- Train and develop Call Center staff
- Maintain up to date training manual and assessment tools (i.e. lethality scale)
- Regularly attend and participate in scheduled Activity Leader meetings
- Daily monitor key performance metrics such as call abandonment
- Maintain staff calendar to ensure adequate staff coverage so that quality and time standards at met
- Approve staff timesheets and time off requests
- Facilitate monthly team meetings on administration and clinical issues in compliance with rules regarding agenda, time, attendance, meeting notes
- In meetings, ensure objectives reviewed (QPMs, CPMs, etc.) on a regular basis
- Conduct staff evaluations during probationary periods and annually thereafter
- Model and enforce compliance with all company rules, policies and procedures
General Call Center Duties & Management
- Provide initial telephone assessments for clients including but not limited to follow ups, providing resources, assigning clients to counselors, scheduling client appointments, returning calls to mental health professionals
- Help develop short and long term department goals, objectives, metrics, reports, and assess progress toward goals as aligned with WAP mission.
- Identify and implement activities to improve quality and increase efficiency within the department
- Ensure accurate reporting of activity, maintain EAP records
- Responsible for contributing departmental Board Report
- Document and resolve client complaints on affiliates, oversee client computer data entry, provide for appropriate counseling, referrals, interventions and follow-up as necessary and on intake clientele
- Update and oversee a system of client record keeping that adequately tracks client contact while ensuring for client confidentiality
- Assist in the quality assurance of affiliates and coordinate with other departments as necessary
- Provide continued research and input of community resources into the computer systems
- Keep Vice President of AWP and CEO updated on problems, potential schedule changes, and departmental needs
- Attend EAP clinical staffing, supervision, in-service training, relevant workshops/seminars/conferences and other forms of staff development for continued development of skills in counseling and problem solving
- Undertake special projects as directed by the VP of AWP or CEO as requested
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employees may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth to address business needs and changing business practices. Perform other related duties as assigned. Email resume
AWP Account Specialist: AWP
- Confer with Customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products and services, to take or enter orders, cancel accounts, or obtain details of complaints
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, comments, as well as actions taken
- Contact customers to respond to inquires or notify them of status results and any planned adjustments.
- Participate as a member of the Account Management team under the team leadership of the Activity Lead
- Perform/ensure regularly scheduled account contacts and follow up as needed for Tier 3, small Tier 2 and small Tier 1 accounts.
- Meet or exceed sales objectives per assigned sales channel(s) (group goal).
- Ensure timely documentation of contacts in database.
- Consistently communicate with internal stakeholders.
- Respond to customer requests & complaints.
• Document service provided.
• Use customer complaint process/database to handle complaints.
• Respond in a timely manner to needs and issues.
- Establish and maintain excellent customer service and public relations.
- Deliver timely communication to appropriate staff regarding proposal opportunities.
- Coordinate with Business Development regarding pricing and language of contracts.
• Implement new accounts (Program Implementation)
• Establish point of contact
- Secure fully executed contract
• Review existing EAP policy or establish EAP policy including confidentiality
• Ensure timely delivery of employee EAP materials
• Ensure all essential contract information is entered in database
• Maintain current accounts/account retention (Program Maintenance)
• Handle initial contacts from customers and provide assistance
• Ensure contact list up-to-date and database is continually updated
• Document and resolve customer complaints in coordination with other departments
• Handle phone contacts and provide customer assistance
- Identify program marketing needs and develop tools for customer
- Follow up and communicate with external stakeholders regarding procedural referrals as needed
- Communicate consistently with internal stakeholders, including Intake and Referral, Client Services, Network Management, and other departments as necessary.
- Takes on new accounts that are less than 100
- Handles procedural referral follow-up surveys
- Coordinate Safe Ride Reimbursements
- Health fair preparation for Account Management team
- HUB reports
- Customer Service Report / Utilization Reports
- Provide customer service
- Coordinate newsletter content
- iContact management
- Provide in-office coverage for AM team
- Handle promotional materials- sending, tracking, inventory
- Proposal entry into WAPIS
- Training Utilization reports
- Consult regarding drug-free workplace policy
- Inquire about any other customer needs
- Maintain current accounts (Program Maintenance)
- Provide timely response to customer requests
- Handle phone contacts and provide customer assistance
- Consistently communicate with internal stakeholders per email protocol
- Uphold Individual/Team performance standards
- Customer start-up meetings
- EAP Orientation
- Open Enrollment Presentations
- EAP Training
Note:This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employees may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth to address business needs and changing business practices, Perform other related duties as assigned.
PT Bilingual Youth Advocacy Case Manager: Youth Advocacy
Division: Youth Advocacy
Department: Independent Case Management Services (ICMS)
Supervisor: Director of ICMS
Classification: Non-exempt/Part time/Hourly
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in social work, psychology, or other behavioral/social science and two years experience working with high-risk youth and families and/or providing case management services. Bilingual in English/Spanish. Candidates should be flexible, client-oriented, and knowledgeable about Austin/Travis County communities.
Recognize the importance of social networks, family, and broader systems in working with clients. Candidates must have the ability to work independently, prioritize work responsibilities, and have strong organization abilities. Candidates should have reliable transportation, auto insurance and ability/willingness to use personal vehicle in the performance of job duties. Must be proficient in using computer software.
Conduct assessment and service coordination for assigned clients and families.
Work with clients and families to identify goals, resources and needs and to develop service plan for each assigned case. Conduct home, school and agency visits.
Provide information and referrals to clients, link clients to appropriate agencies and resources, provide client advocacy in a variety of settings, and monitor service provision.
Appropriately assist clients with basic needs and provide advocacy when needed.
Provide direct services, which may include coaching, training, or other activities necessary for client engagement and positive outcomes. Evaluate client participation and progress and conduct discharge planning. Coordinate efforts with other service providers, schools, juvenile probation, and community agencies to help clients and families meet identified goals. Document client service activity and comply with all reporting requirements.
Meet or exceed contract or deliverable objectives. Responsible for personal critical/quantified performance measures. Document all service activity in designated database, electronic calendar, and other appropriate work databases as assigned. Respond to customer request & complaints in a timely manner and document service provided. Provide timely response to customer requests. Consistently communicate with internal stakeholders per email protocol
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employees may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth to address business needs and changing business practices, Perform other related duties as assigned.