Part-time Case Manager – Youth Advocacy
We are currently seeking two part-time case managers to work within our Independent Case Management Services (ICMS) program. The ICMS program, part of the Youth Advocacy Division of the Workers Assistance Program, serves youth currently involved with Travis County Juvenile Probation and their families.
ICMS case managers assist youth and their family members through service coordination, advocacy, coaching, and resource linkages. Case managers have the opportunity to work with youth facing many challenges, provide support, and gain experience in the field of social services.
Case management responsibilities include conducting client and family assessments; working with clients to develop service plans with focus on clients’ goals; referring and inking clients to basic needs, treatment, school/education programs, employment, legal, parenting, and any other appropriate services; coordinating services and conducting ongoing follow up through home/school/community visits; advocating on behalf of clients; providing skills training related to setting goals, decision-making, communication, and problem-solving; assisting clients with community service requirements and job searches; and maintaining documentation and case notes according to program standards.
Case managers participate in weekly staffings and also assist with some field trips and community service activities for youth in the program.
NOTE: We are hiring two case managers and only one is required to be bilingual.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum one year of experience working with children, adolescents, or families in direct service setting.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, other organizations, and partner providers.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of community resources and ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to use computers, software, Microsoft office, etc.
- Must have good driving record and valid driver’s license.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.